Monday, March 9, 2009

Birthdays!

I find as I get older birthdays are not necessarily harder to handle but they become more interesting. This past weekend I turned 33 and I was met with an array of emotions and excitment. Cliff and my parents surprised me with a romantic evening away in Branson. Cliff and I stayed in the exact room that we went to on our honeymoon. (How romantic)
On Saturday we went to my parents house and enjoyed the time with them. I love going there and just being able to be myself and not wonder if I made someone mad or wonder what others are thinking when I make a statement. My parents got me a cool touch fry daddy. I am excited to get some new recipes going. It came with a recipe for stuffed jalepeno peppers!!
Cliff and the boys had a present waiting for me when I got in the van on Sunday (my actual birthday) for me to open on the way to church. There was a candle warmer -- which I had told Cliff I have been wanting and a candle plus some candy. After church the men in my family took me to Taco Bell and then we were off to basketball practice. We then had Bible Study starting soon so off to the church. I am really thankful for our church family. I believe that some of our members totally listen to God when he tells them to share a thought or story or even a word of encouragement to certain people. I was blessed by several of those members last evening. Also, we made a trip to Dairy Queen on our way home from church. Isaac ate his first ice cream cone by himself. He did good. His car seat cover and all the clothing he was wearing went into the wash when we got home, but who doesn't like to have the whole experience of any event?
Anyway, birthdays may be changing, people around us may change for the better or the worse, but I am so glad that GOD is always the same no matter what age we are or what we have done in our past.
Thanks to all who sent me birthday wishes.

1 comment:

Liz said...

I'm so glad your birthday was such a success! I am also thrilled you were born 33 years ago!!! :) I love you Steph!!!!!